Trust Us for All Your Mold Damage Restoration Needs
If your home or business is overrun with mold, it is important to take action as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the worse the problem will get and the more people may be at risk. To avoid permanent damage, high costs, and the potential for illness, we strongly recommend you contact 1st Choice Plumbing, Flood & Restoration at 866-437-0205 as soon as you suspect you have a mold problem.
What You Need to Know About Mold
The plain truth is that there is mold everywhere – both indoors and out. It is impossible to remove 100% of the mold from any home or business. Mold spores are so small they cannot be seen under a normal microscope and they move through the air. They can come in through windows, doors, or even your HVAC system. They can come in on your clothing or on the fur of your pet.
Does this mean that you must simply learn to live with mold? Of course not – there is natural mold that exists in nature and then there are mold colonies and collections of mold that can cause serious issues. Remember that mold loves moisture. A single mold spore can very quickly turn into a colony if it has water to feed on. This is why we begin all mold remediation services by first getting rid of the sources of water or moisture that are feeding the mold.
Dos and Don’ts of Dealing with Mold
If you have water intrusion in your property, mold can become a serious issue in as little as two days. Mold is especially risky to children, senior citizens, and people with respiratory or allergy issues. If you believe there is mold in your home or business, do the following:
- Do: Stay away from the area that’s been affected.
- Do: Turn off your heating and cooling system and any fans.
- Do: Contact 1st Choice Plumbing, Flood & Restoration for help with mold damage restoration.
Equally important, there are some steps you should not take. They include:
- Don’t: Touch the mold.
- Don’t: Blow air across a surface that you know or suspect has mold.
- Don’t: Try to drive the area on your own.
- Don’t: Use bleach or any other disinfectant on the mold.
Our Six-Step Mold Damage Restoration Process
While all situations are different, there is a general process we follow for mold damage restoration. The six steps are as follows:
- Inspection and assessment. We begin by looking for visible signs of mold as well as mold fields hidden from plain view, such as on cellulose and water. We have a variety of equipment options to find mold when it is hidden.
- Containing the mold. We have several procedures we use to prevent the mold from spreading.
- Filtrating the air. We have air filtration equipment that allows us to capture those tiny mold spores. From options like air scrubbers to HEPA vacuums, we will use the right equipment for your unique job.
- Getting rid of mold and materials with mold in them. We must get rid of all mold growth but the best way to do so will depend on the type of surface it is living on. We can use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments, and remove and safely dispose of materials that have mold on them, such as carpet and drywall.
- Thorough cleaning of belongings. We must clean everything that may have come into contact with the mold, including furniture, curtains, clothing, and more. We have numerous cleaning techniques and will choose the best option based on what we are cleaning.
- Restoration. Once we have thoroughly removed the mold, we can work to restore your property. Depending on the seriousness of the infestation, and what it is has grown on, this may include replacing drywall and subfloors, or it may include minor repairs like painting.
Get the Best Services at the Best Price
When you work with 1st Choice Plumbing, Flood & Restoration we are always looking for ways to make our services as affordable as possible. We encourage you to call 866-437-0205 to take advantage of our current special: Save $250 off any Water, Fire, Mold Damage Restoration Job.