Dealing With a Clogged Kitchen Sink in Escondido, CA
A clogged kitchen sink is one of the most common plumbing problems homeowners in Escondido, CA experience. There can be many reasons why a kitchen sink can be clogged. In most cases, the clog can be cleared without having to get an Escondido, CA plumber involved.
- Food waste. You should try to avoid placing any food down your kitchen sink. Bones, fruit rinds, pasta, rice, eggshells, and bits of food packaging are just a few examples of food waste that can clog up your kitchen sink.
- Grease, cooking oils, and fats. These substances solidify once they get into the drain, coating the inside of your kitchen pipe drain. Over time this residue can build up until it begins to affect the flow of water through your kitchen sink drain.
- Paper products. Avoid placing napkins, paper towels, newspapers, and sanitary wipes down the kitchen sink drain. They can get stuck, causing the drain to clog up.
- Soap. Like oil and grease, soap scum can accumulate inside your kitchen sink and contribute to a clog.
- Corroded pipes. Corrosion can build up inside a kitchen sink drain pipe, eventually sealing off the flow of water.
- Other materials. Toys, screws, rocks, soil, cigarette butts, and kitty litter are just a few of the materials that can clog up your kitchen sink. A kitchen sink clog can even be caused by tree roots growing in your sewer line.
Clearing a Clogged Kitchen Drain
There are three common ways to clear a clogged kitchen drain: a plunger, a drain snake, or a drain cleaner. Drain cleaners are the easiest to use, but the harsh chemicals they contain can be hard on your pipes.
When Should You Call a Plumber?
If the clog is too severe, the DIY approach may not work – you’re going to need professional help. Here are a few situations in which you may need to call an Escondido, CA plumber:
- You experience a persistent slow or clogged kitchen drain
- The clog can’t be cleared using a plunger, snake, or chemical cleaner.
- The source of the clog is difficult to remove.
- The clog is in a difficult place to reach.
- The clog isn’t in the sink drain but in the sewer line.
Your First Choice for Plumbing Repairs in Escondido, CA
If you’re having problems with a slow or clogged kitchen sink drain, give 1st Choice Plumbing, Flood & Restoration a call. We’ve been providing outstanding plumbing services to home and business owners in Escondido, CA, and surrounding communities since 2012. Our team of licensed Escondido, CA plumbers has the expertise and equipment to clear even the most stubborn of clogs. In most cases, we can be onsite within an hour of your call. A clogged kitchen drain can usually be cleared in a single visit.
Need help outside normal business hours? No problem. 1st Choice Plumbing, Flood & Restoration provides 24/7 emergency plumbing services. Contact us through our website or call us at 866-437-0205 to schedule a visit from an Escondido, CA plumbing expert.